Uploading Firmware with MatterControl
MatterControl can be used to upload .hex firmware files to printers utilizing an Atmega2560 processor -- most 8-bit printers utilize this processor.
To begin uploading your firmware:
- First, open MatterControl and connect to your printer
- From the Controls tab, navigate to the section labeled Firmware Updates (see image below)
- Select Change and a file manager window should appear
- Locate the .hex file that you either downloaded or compiled, and select Open
- The firmware file will begin to upload to the mainboard **Please do not turn off the power to your computer or printer during the upload**
- Once complete, restart your printer and start printing!